*PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS EMAIL
IN ITS ENTIRETY. ALL DETAILS REGARDING THE SPRING 2020 SEASON AND OUR PLAN TO
MOVE FORWARD IS INCLUDED BELOW. ALL INFORMATION, DATES, ETC. CONTAINED IN THIS
EMAIL IS CONTINGENT UPON THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 CASES CONTINUING TO
ADHERE TO BENCHMARKS SET BY THE KNOX COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT.*
Thank you for your patience over the last several weeks as we have been following guidelines that none of us have ever had to deal with and that have directly impacted all spring sports including our Spring 2020 CBFO Softball season. While there has been so much uncertainty, we do hope this current situation has allowed each of you to spend quality time with your family and get a break from the frantic daily routine that has become so customary for many of us. There is a lot of information contained in this email so please read it in its entirety and review the details carefully.
We have been working fervently to come up with a plan regarding the Spring 2020 season and how to move forward. This also includes several discussions with Knox County Parks and Recreation including their review and approval of our plan and revised dates. Again, the biggest issue is there are no guarantees on how long Phase II will last, and if, or when, we will move to Phase III. There is also no guarantee that Phase III will allow sporting competitions to be held, and that includes youth recreational sports, so things, including the targeted dates in our schedule, could change. As always, we will keep you updated should that occur. We have received requests to join the league so we will be accepting a limited number of new players.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We encourage players to remain in the age group that they registered to play during the Spring 2020 season. Requests to move up an age group need to be submitted via email to email@example.com. These requests must be received no later than June 10th.
2020 SEASON DATES
PLEASE NOTE: All dates listed below are subject to change.
- May 13 – Sunday, June 8: Parents will need to notify the league of their intentions for the new plans for the upcoming season. Parents need to notify the league via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accept notification through the coach.
- Fields and batting cages will be reopened for individual use only as soon as we can complete a few work projects.
- June 1 – Sunday, June 13: Registration reopened for any new players to register. We will do in-person sign-ups on June 6th and June 13th at CBFO Park from 9:00-Noon. Players can also print forms from our website cbfosoftball.org (coming soon) and mail to:
292 Leeward Lay
Lenoir, City, TN 37772
Mailed forms must be postmarked on or before June 12th
- Monday, June 15 – Friday, June 26:
- Assign new players to teams.
- Late registrations will be accepted as well.
- Park clean up.
- Saturday, June 27: Fields open to team practices.
- July 25: Tentative date for each team to have a scheduled exhibition game.
- August 1st: Regular season games begin.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
The following options are available for parents that registered for the Spring 2020 season, please review each one carefully.
- My child will play during the 2020 Super Season.
- My child will not be participating this year. Please apply unused 2020 fees to the Spring 2021 season $75 for 4-7 and $90 for all other age groups.
- For those that are not participating this year, if you are in a position to help, we ask that you consider doing so. If you are able and willing to do so, you may convert your Spring 2020 registration fee into a tax-deductible contribution. CBFO Softball is a non-profit organization and like many businesses and other area non-profits, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused us to lose a significant amount of revenue which could jeopardize our services for the community moving forward.
- A partial refund of unused Spring fees requested. $75 for 4-7 league and $90 for other age groups.
NOTE: IF NO RESPONSE IS RECEIVED BY JUNE 8TH, OPTION 3 WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY
CHOSEN FOR YOU AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A LETTER FOR YOUR TAX RECORDS WITH THE
AMOUNT OF YOUR TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION TO CBFO SOFTBALL.
SAFETY MOVING FORWARD
We will be diligently following any and all Knox County and CDC Guidelines possible for maintaining the ballpark and all our facilities. We will publish more details on these measures once we have received final guidance from Knox County Parks and Recreation and the Knox County Health Department.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALL INFORMATION, DATES, ETC. CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL IS CONTINGENT UPON THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 CASES CONTINUING TO ADHERE TO BENCHMARKS SET BY THE KNOX COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT. AT ANY TIME, THE KNOX COUNTY GOVERNMENT MAY NEED TO REINSTATE PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES THAT NO LONGER ALLOW FOR RECREATIONAL SPORTS TO BE PLAYED. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL OR THAT OF KNOX COUNTY. SHOULD THAT OCCUR, WE WILL NEED TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND GUIDELINES THAT AFFECT OUR PLANS FOR THE 2020 SUPER SEASON AT CBFO SOFTBALL.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
Please understand that we have discussed these situations and options many times over, including feedback from Knox County Parks and Recreation. Also, we know that there is no way we can identify every single situation and every possible issue and we recognize that. As noted before, we have all been in this same storm together, but not in the same boat. That being said, we will review any outstanding issues or concerns on a case by case basis as needed.
We have incurred many expenses within the league (uniforms, field maintenance, and updates, postseason awards, etc.) that are non-refundable to us. We do understand that we were only able to provide practices for many and that others did not get to practice at all, but we still had lots of expenses getting the league organized per normal for the Spring 2020 season and have had to handle the best we can financially on our end with all our vendors. Our plan is to provide refunds to everyone who requests one as quickly as we can. We would ask for your patience as we embark upon a process that we have not faced before and it will be time-consuming and challenging.
Finally, we would like to say thank you for being patient, understanding and supportive over the past couple of months. You and your children are the reason we love what we do and do so as volunteers. Your support makes us strive to make CBFO Softball the best it can possibly be. We hope to see you all soon at the ball fields and until then, be healthy, and stay safe!